Wednesday, April 15, 2009

You'd be better off without me

This is what my husband told me he has thought. That our son and I would be better if we got divorced. I don't want to be divorced. Not because I don't want to be divorced, but because I love my husband. I want us to be a family. The family I know we can be. At the same time, I can't let this behavior go on for years. He has to change it. Because I don't want to wake up one day at 55 and realize my husband is still the depressed man he was at 32. I deserve to be happy too.

We talked quite a bit last night. I *think* he's ready to talk to someone. We just need to make the appointment. I'm hoping to make that step by the end of the week. I was pretty candid with him last night and told him what the last year has been. How I've walked on egg shells, how I've gagued what I was going to say based on his mood, how I tried ignoring it, dealing with it, hiding it, facing it and none of it is working. Granted, he still is better since he's off the meds, but now he just needs to get the shit off his chest. I told him we have 1 good day and then 2 bad days in its place. I asked him what he wanted. He said he wants "us" back. I do to. I hope he takes the steps to fix that.

1 comment:

  1. ((hugs)) I hope you guys can get there. You know where to find me whenever you need to get away for a bit!

    ReplyDelete